Wednesday 30 March 2011

OUR LITTLE ANGEL IS 2 TODAY!

Our beautiful Granddaughter, Soraya, turns two today! Two years of laughter, cuddles and such precious moments. From the moment I first held her my heart was hers for the keeping! 



Everyone told me that the love for a grandchild was different, we love our children so much but a Grandparents love is deep-rooted and all consuming.
 
Perhaps it is the fact we have more time or maybe realise that time flies by so quickly and we take the time to enjoy them more. Either way I must say that I cherish every moment with her and love seeing her develop into the amazing person she is and will be.

 When she snuggles up to me or strokes my hand I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. When she asks for something sweet and tasty and says "Please Gy" (she cant pronounce Grams yet!) my heart turns into a huge marshmallow.

She already has such an amazing sense of humour and she loves the reaction she gets to her little jokes! I love the way she is so gentle with our dogs, no pulling, just gentle strokes, they love her too!

The world is definitely a better place since she arrived. We are all smitten with her, her uncles are never far away when she visits!





I am so lucky to be able to spend so much time with her and I thank my Daughter and Son-in-law for letting me do this.

They are wonderful parents and it is a great feeling knowing that they love and care for their little daughter so well.





 
I could talk about  Soraya all day as you probably realise by now! So, for now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY BLUE EYES,  Grams and Papa  love you so much! xxx

Carly  – (30 March 2011 at 13:40)  

Just got back from the farm and saw this, brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful! xxxxx

Sweet Cottage Dreams  – (30 March 2011 at 16:46)  

Happy Birthday beautiful Soraya!!!!!!
Love and hugs from California!

Becky

The Quintessential Magpie  – (30 March 2011 at 17:26)  

Happy Birthday to Soraya! What an adorable little girl!

And she is so blessed to have a grandmother who loves her so much.

You have a lovely family. Thanks for sharing!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Melinda  – (30 March 2011 at 20:01)  

What a precious little darling. She is adorable.
Beautiful curls and blue eyes.

Melinda

Anonymous –   – (30 March 2011 at 21:58)  

Happy Birthday little girl, she is so cute!
Greetings from Croatia.

Louise  – (31 March 2011 at 15:51)  

She's gorgeous, and you've such a beautiful daughter too. Happy Birthday Soraya. x

Pam Traskos  – (31 March 2011 at 17:45)  

Happy Birthday Soraya, beautiful baby girl with such a beautiful name and love her hair color, just gorgeous! Blessings AnneMarie!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages  – (31 March 2011 at 21:04)  

Both Soraya and her mother are just beautiful. And...Happy Birthday to her!
Thank you for stopping by for a visit...it was so nice to meet you...
Do come back when you can..
Love,
Mona

Shug  – (31 March 2011 at 22:33)  

I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday to Soraya...Such a beautiful name and let me tell you, she is a little doll.
I love the color of her hair.
Grandkids....they just have a way of melting your heart, don't they...We have 4 grandsons and 2 granddaughters and they are truly the most wonderful enjoyment of my life...

Oh girl, I could go on and on too...
Enjoy that baby, cause they have a tendency to grow way to fast..
Shug

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes  – (1 April 2011 at 18:35)  

She is stunning, isn't amazing how quickly you can fall in love with a child! Duke say's "woof, woof" that's "thank you" in dog talk for the birthday wishes! Have a wonderful weekend!

The Old Parsonage  – (1 April 2011 at 19:18)  

What a beautiful post! Your love for her shining thru in your words. She is gorgeous and so is her Mummy.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and leaving such a sweet comment.

Just signed up to be your newest follower. I'm sure we'll be fast friends!

Leann

Desiree  – (2 April 2011 at 10:15)  

Hello Annemarie!

Happy 2nd Birthday to your beautiful little Angel! She is gorgeous (as is her Mummy!) and such a lucky little girl to have been born into such a loving family!

This is a beautifully written post, celebrating her. One day, when she's old enough, she will really be able to appreciate this!

I saw you'd joined as a follower of my blog, but I've been so busy catching up with everyone this week, I have been slower than usual with saying...WELCOME! I have joined up right away as your newest follower and look forward to visiting as often as possible.

Have a super weekend!

Rhonda  – (2 April 2011 at 16:41)  

Good morning Annemarie
So glad you dropped by and said hi.
You, too, have a lovely blog, and the prettiest little blue eyed granddaughter ever! She is definitely going to be a heart breaker, but we won't talk about that now! :)
I loved the beautiful birthday tribute to your precious mom and dad. I miss mine too.
Rhonda

Laurie  – (2 April 2011 at 19:31)  

Annemarie, I see why your so smitten! She is absolutely gorgeous! You're right, grandchildren have a way of stealing out hearts, what precious, fun creatures!!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography  – (3 April 2011 at 21:07)  

Oh Annemarie what a beautiful little Granddaughter you have! Happy Birthday to your little sweetie...I hope she had a wonderful day. You're so fortunate to live close to her...my Grandchildren are nearly 2,000 miles away and I only see them once a year if we're lucky. Anyway...enjoy your evening....Maura :)

Coralie Cederna Johnson  – (9 April 2011 at 13:45)  

She's a gorgeous little doll! Your blog is lovely too and I've signed on to follow!
Have a beautiful day and week!
Coralie

Denise  – (18 May 2011 at 20:21)  

oh my goodness-the face on that child-her eyes!

Adrienne  – (20 September 2011 at 13:58)  

What a precious and beautiful little granddaughter! Aren't granddaugthers fun? Especially when they are two!
~Adrienne~

Post a Comment