Sunday 3 April 2011

MOTHERS DAY MEMORIES

The Beatles and Tom Jones, whenever I hear them I am back with you in our kitchen at home, the radio was always on (still is in my house!).

You peeking through the school fence when you walked by during playtime, touching fingers.

Lines of sparkling washing!

Hot dogs on Saturday evening, our Aunty and Uncle always turned up and you used to say that they could smell them cooking!

Walking home from Sunday Mass and buying our favourite biscuits on the way back.


Teaching me how to iron hankies!

Slipping me a piece of sugary apple when you were making apple pies!

Seeing you cry for the first time when I was 7 years old because my eldest brother had been in an accident. I only ever saw you cry twice in your life, the second time was when you were diagnosed and even then you pulled yourself up by your socks and got on with it!

The way you put my problems in perspective, nothing and nobody is worth getting upset over!

My Monday presents, I have always hated Mondays so you always bought me a little present, a magazine or maybe some Quickies (eye make-up cleansing pads!).

The look on your face when you first saw my babies, pure love.

Getting words jumbled up,   'melongitis' for example. Your Granddaughter does the same thing now, remember scowling(scouring) pad, Carly?

Stopping for a coffee after shopping, two hours later....

There are so many good memories Mum, you and Dad always made me feel safe and secure. I miss you everyday but especially today, Mothers Day. Thankyou for all the good times, all the laughter and for showing such strength at the end, as always thinking of others. I know that you can see your Great Granddaughter, the light of our life, she brightens our days just as you did. Happy Mothers Day Mum, love you lots.

One of my favourite photo's of us together back in 1981, we always laughed until we cried!
Happy Mothers Day also to the best little Momma in the world, Soraya is so lucky to have you. You are so loving and caring, such fun too! Have a lovely day Sweetheart! Thankyou for your lovely post on your blog Mummysshoes.com.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mummies and Grandmas out there, enjoy your day! xx

From Beyond My Kitchen Window  – (3 April 2011 at 12:17)  

What a lovely post, what wonderful memories. She sounds like she was a sweet and thoughtful person.

Desiree  – (3 April 2011 at 13:17)  

What a beautiful, loving tribute to your Mother and the Mother of your granddaughter! You come from a great line of caring, wonderful women, it seems :)

Super photo of you and your Mum. Could those smiles have been any broader?!

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!!

Laurie  – (3 April 2011 at 18:34)  

This is such a beautiful post Annemarie, I also visited your daughters blog and read her tribute to you. You're 2 very special ladies, obviously from a truly special mother. Soraya comes from great stock! Happy Mothers Day.

Carly  – (3 April 2011 at 20:25)  

We have really got to stop making each other cry Mum!?! Beautiful post, miss Nanny all the time but I know she is with us in everything we do. Love You xxx

Shug  – (3 April 2011 at 20:44)  

so sweet and so touching...a beautiful tribute to those who touched your life in a very special way...Thank you for sharing..
shug

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography  – (3 April 2011 at 21:02)  

Happy Mother's Day to you too Anne Marie! Your Mum sounds like such a sweet heart...you must have had a lot of fun with her. My Mum's gone too and my Dad ..Mum in 83 and Dad in 2000. Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a message :) I hope your day was a wonderful one ...have a great week!

Maura :)

Pam Traskos  – (6 April 2011 at 23:19)  

A beautiful tribute Anne Marie! There is nothing as special as the love between a mother and daughter, your memories will sustain you, and it sounds like they are wonderful. I lost both of my parents in 1998 and I hold them in my heart everyday. It's so important that we share our stories and memories with each other, thank you for doing that! Hugs and Smiles!

Ana  – (11 April 2011 at 23:40)  

Oh Anne Marie, what a beautiful tribute to your sweet mother...Very touching. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Mary  – (12 April 2011 at 13:54)  

Hello Annemarie and thanks for stopping by - always love hearing from anyone at home, you're my first from your area of the UK, which I know is very lovely!

I'll be reading back as I already LOVE your home and garden, and that little darling granddaughter must be precious in every way.

As for this tribute to your mum, what can I say except it brought tears. So many of the lovely things you mentioned brought thoughts of my late mum (she died 8 yrs. ago at age 91) and my wonderful English childhood in Devon. Thank you for sharing these personal and heartfelt words with your readers.

Enjoy your Springtime week - love the linens blowing in the breeze! I'll be coming home next month and hope for good weather like you seem to have now - keep fingers crossed please!

Hugs - Mary
A Breath of Fresh Air

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages  – (12 April 2011 at 19:33)  

Hi there! Thank you so much for stoppiing by and commenting.
I had no idea that Mother's Day was on a different day than in the U.S. :)
I just learned something.

This was lovely to read. Thank you for sharing your Mum with us.. it touched my heart...
Please do come back when you can..

This is a lovely time of year!
Love,
Mona

Mary  – (13 April 2011 at 14:34)  

Oh yes, I remember those Plymouth boys, ha! ha! Tell your hubby I'm from Torquay - and used to go to Plymouth quite often. My fondest memories are of days out on a Devon General double decker (the Plymouth run was a green not red bus!) with my grandma as a child. She would sit on The Hoe watching the ships, while I climbed the lighthouse and played on the grass. I always wanted to go in that seawater swimming pool - would watch people splashing about - but never made it sadly.

Childhood memories from Devon are very dear to me - I left when almost 19 to come to the USA, supposedly for just a year to work in Washington D.C. Somehow it's turned into 48+ years............because of meeting a wonderful man!!!!!!

Happy day dear.
Mary

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents  – (14 April 2011 at 06:37)  

What a special Mother's Day tribute to your special mom. THanks for sharing such sweet memories with us.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Post a Comment