Thursday 13 October 2011

SHALL WE RETIRE TO THE LOUNGE?

I love the warmth of all the Autumn colours but my main colour throughout the cottage is blue so have to be careful which shades of Fall I use. I tend to favour oranges and browns rather than red so we don't have too much colour clashing going on!

A cozy corner! A much cherished cross-stitch picture of all the seasons made by my dear friend Sue. The little Fenton glass basket holds dried rosehips and to add a little  Halloween to the mix, tiny witches brooms! The tiny Fortnum & Mason basket contained Halloween choccies (long gone!). I adore the figurine of the Grandmother and Grandchild called 'The Quilt', reminds me of Soraya and me(or I)!
 My dresser which I promise will one day have a paint treatment! Our lounge is very long(33ft) so I tend to keep this end the cozy end. I can snuggle up on the huge squidgy chair and read(or fall asleep!).
 Danish Pixie children, this one is Winter.
And this one is Autumn! Aren't they adorable? Loving the clogs!



                                                                THE FIREPLACE


One of our three large windows. As I have mentioned before, our cottage was formerly the village stores so I have these three huge windows to play with!
     The wooden dough bowl was bought at a local antiques fair and restored for me by my lovely brother!                                                  

Next week I will be doing the Halloween decorations, yippee! Bring on the witches, wizards and pumpkins!

TTFN ANNEMARIE XXX

Susan  – (14 October 2011 at 14:11)  

Dear Annemarie...Lovely autumn touches are all through your house. Thanks for your visits and comments to my blog. Sincerely, Susan

Miss Gracie's House  – (14 October 2011 at 14:52)  

Such cozy fall touches...I love the fireplace with the insert...I love me a good fire!
Happy Fall Days to you!
Rene

Yolanda  – (17 October 2011 at 00:16)  

Your home is lovely. Thanks for sharing it. Hope you are enjoying fall.

Melinda  – (17 October 2011 at 03:20)  

How fun for you to have the windows to decorate!
They look lovely!

Have a great Monday.

Melinda

Shug  – (21 October 2011 at 18:51)  

Beautiful window areas to work with...and I love the large area in front of the window that you have. You can use so many different displays with windows like that...Love all you Fall stuff...
Have a wonderful weekend..
Warm Hugs
Shug

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise)  – (24 October 2011 at 00:34)  

How beautifully invitin' your home looks. You have done Autumn proud!

God bless ya and have yourself an amazin' week!!! :o)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages  – (24 October 2011 at 21:02)  

Just everything is adorable! I love the little dolls in their clogs...and..that black iron bunny on the stove? SOOO sweet!
I will be back to see your added Halloween decor. The Fall colors you have chosen go beautifully with your blue.
Hugs..and more hugs. Thank you for your sweet visit today..
Mona

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise)  – (28 October 2011 at 17:12)  

'Just poppin' in to wish ya a great weekend!!!

God bless ya!!! :o)

Post a Comment