Wednesday 31 August 2011

SEASONS OF YOUR LIFE

August always comes to me with trepidation, I lost both of my parents within 19 days of each other in August 2004. The smells and feelings of this month always take me back to that highly charged emotional time. Having to delay our grief over my Dad's sudden death because my Mum was so ill. We all piled into her hospice room after Dads funeral as she was too poorly to go herself, my husband even videoed the event so she could watch it with my eldest brother who selflessly stayed with my Mum. Three weeks later we were all gathered again this time to say goodbye to our amazing, strong Mum.   Looking back, I don't know how we all got through that time.
Seven years on, I still miss them everyday but this year I didn't linger on  the events leading up to their deaths as I have in the past but focussed more on the wonderful, loving, kind people they were and the legacy they left us all.
As human beings we need time to heal, to grieve in our own way. Our feelings are ever changing just like the seasons, we grow spiritually as we grow older and the Winter of our life doesn't hold the fears we had when we were in our Springtime.  Life is a circle and we are all part of that big circle.
Still, I will not be sad to say " Bye bye " to August but look forward to the new seasons ahead and everything they have to offer. I adore Autumn!
Beautiful flowers from my daughter, SIL and granddaughter!
I spent yesterday, the anniversary of Mums death, with my darling Soraya, so full of  life and laughter. Just as my Mum and Dad would have wanted. In their words "life is for the living", how true is that!
Thankyou to my lovely daughter for making it a special day for me and to my husband, sons and friends for thinking of me, I am lucky in so many ways.

And more flowers when I got home from hubby and boys!!
C'MON AUTUMN!! I'M READY AND WAITING FOR YOU!!
To get us all in the mood , a little taster of what is to come.....
THE PUMPKIN WINDOW (SIL in background on his laptop!)!! 


WITCHY WINDOW...HOCUS POCUS   
WIZARDY WINDOW.....WHERE'S HARRY?

FIVE LITTLE PUMPKINS ALL IN A ROW...
 Oooh I cant wait, can you?

TTFN ANNEMARIE XXX






Laurie  – (31 August 2011 at 15:35)  

I'm sorry about your parents Annemarie, when my father died in 05, all I remember is a big blur. I still mourn him, though each passing year gets easier. A beautiful post, and yes. Come on Fall!

Unknown  – (31 August 2011 at 15:46)  

I'm sorry about the loss of your parents. I love that you said we all grow more spiritual as we get older. I agree! I'm savoring these last days of summer but fall is my favorite season too! Looking forward to all things Autumn.
Take good care,
Deb

Rebecca  – (31 August 2011 at 17:30)  

Annemarie, It's nice to get acquainted. How wonderful for you to be supported by kind and sensitive family members during this season of your sadness.

Re. autumn...Yes! I am very eager for it to come. At the same time, I am consciously trying to put the brake to my impulses to decorate for it just yet. I've set September 15th as my date to let it all "come out". I don't know how successful I'll be though.

Anonymous –   – (31 August 2011 at 19:30)  

I'm sorry about your parents:(
Big kisses:)

The Old Parsonage  – (2 September 2011 at 01:32)  

Oh I love the window decor - so fun and fall-y!So sorry to hear the story about you parents. May you be surrounded by wonderful memories!

Thanks so much for popping by - come back soon!
Leann

Melinda  – (2 September 2011 at 03:11)  

Sorry to hear of your losses. These are tough.
Ramembering them with great memories helps.
Enjoy your flowers and continue on your journey of healing.

Take care.

Melinda

AnneMarie  – (4 September 2011 at 16:25)  

Thanks for the lovely comments. Hasten to add that the Halloween photos are from 2010!! AnneMarie xx

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart)  – (7 September 2011 at 20:36)  

What a beautiful way to spend the day, full of laughter. I'm sorry for your loss, I'm glad you have fun filled memories to warm your heart. What a darling window display... hugs ~lynne~

Cass @ That Old House  – (13 September 2011 at 17:31)  

It is wonderful that you are making that transition into remembering all the good; I am trying to get there myself, having lost my Mom in January 2010 and my Dad in February 2011. I go between so many stages!

Your last year window displays are amazing!
So talented.

Cass

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages  – (4 October 2011 at 22:09)  

Of course my parent have passed on as I am a lot older than you are. But besides age, we have so much in common..the things you love.
That little village in your front window...

I have just become a new follower! I made up my mind very quickly and I usually wait a bit.

What fun it is going to be getting to know you!
I can learn a lot from you...and the photo of the cottage in your header.. OH, to live in something like that. My daughter, Maryalice, seen in my side bar saved her money and when she was about 18 traveled alone to England and her heart has been there ever since.
Your Halloween decorations look fantastic. I also collect Witches..so am excited to see yours.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Mona

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise)  – (6 October 2011 at 19:16)  

I'm sittin' on right at a year of loosin' my daddy. I simply can't even begin to imagine the loss of both parents so close together. I know I've said it before but my heart truly does go out to you!

I love your beautiful Autumn/Halloween decor sweetie....'just fantastic!

God bless ya and have an incredible day sweetie!!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise)  – (7 October 2011 at 21:57)  

Hey sweetie, I just wanted to thank you for your visit and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya enjoy the ride.

God bless and have yourself a marvelous weekend sweeite!!! :o)

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography  – (10 October 2011 at 02:40)  

Hello ANNEMARIE,
I'm sorry to read about you loosing both your parents so close together...I can't even imagine how hard that would be. It's now October so I am sure you are enjoying this month and have your house all decorated like your photo's. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.
Maura

Barb  – (11 October 2011 at 22:37)  

Annemarie, such a touching post. It is lovely to meet you.

Your blog is wonderful. Come back to Bella Vista often.

Barb ♥

Kathy  – (20 October 2011 at 05:03)  

Hi, I love your halloween windows it was fun taking a peek from outside. Thanks for following me, I am your newest follower. Kathy

Post a Comment