Thursday 7 July 2011

28 YEARS AGO TODAY!

On July 6th 1983 at 18.57 pm our little Carly Michelle arrived into the world, weighing 8lbs 4oz. A much longed for daughter and a little sister to Christopher. I never thought I would have a little girl growing up with three older brothers, so I was absolutely delighted to be launched into a pretty,  pink world!  Don't get me wrong I was delighted to have our little boy (and the two little munchkins that followed Carly!) but I was so excited to have my girl that I didn't sleep for 24 hours after her birth! Chris didn't really take much notice of her, at two and a bit years old he was more interested in the bedside tables in my hospital ward than his little sister! He did start to take notice 11 months later when she started walking though!  Such an easy baby, always happy and smiling and a joy to be around.

The next few years were a whirl of ballet, gymnastics, netball, hockey and rugby (I hated that sport, worried about your teeth all the time!). So sporty but so girly too, loved dresses and dressing up, dolls, My Little Pony, Care Bears then later Kylie Minogue and The Spice Girls. All the sleepovers, re-enactments of Grease!

Always made us so proud in everything she has done, has always been competitive and asks a lot of herself. An amazing business woman and entrepreneur, is never happier than when she is planning a new venture or event! The greatest joy for my husband and myself has been watching her take on the role of Wife and Mother with such passion and love. Such a joy to watch her relationship with our little granddaughter grow into a lifetime of love.

The world became a better place on that sunny day back in 1983! Thankyou Sweetheart for all the joy and laughter you have brought us and continue to give to us. We all love you so much!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl, hope you have a lovely day and a wonderful year ahead!


Go to our other website to see the tribute my husband made for Carlys Baby Shower.

TTFN ANNEMARIE xxx

Anonymous –   – (6 July 2011 at 07:18)  

Happy birthday to your daughter and a beautiful little beauty!
I wish you a pleasant day and I send best regards:)

Melinda  – (6 July 2011 at 20:41)  

Best wishes for a Happy Birthday.
Hope is is GREAT!

Melinda

Elizabeth and Gary  – (6 July 2011 at 20:43)  

Such a lovely post! Happy Birthday Carly!
My daughters birthday is July 11..
No matter how old our children are they will always be our babies..
Have a sweet and hugs, Elizabeth

Shug  – (6 July 2011 at 21:49)  

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter...this is a very special day...My sister was born on July 6th. She would have been 61 today....She passed away some 33 years ago, but I always have special thoughts of her on this day....
Enjoyed the post and the wonderful tribute to your daughter....
Blessings my friend
shug

Post a Comment