Sunday 30 September 2012

TRY TO REMEMBER THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER WHEN LIFE WAS SLOW AND OH SO MELLOW....

Well I don't know about slow but September has certainly been mellow for our family. On the 21st September 2012  at 13.57pm we welcomed this gorgeous little boy into the world.....


SAMI NOAH 7lb 12oz with his beautiful Mama, my daughter Carly
    (you wouldn't know she had just given birth, would you?)

I was lucky enough to be in the delivery room with my daughter and SIL and witnessed the arrival
of our second Grandchild and first Grandson. I have always wanted to actually see a baby being born, although I have four children of my own it isn't  quite the same as you are a little pre-occupied!! It was such a wonderful experience made so much easier by my daughter who gave birth within three hours of arriving at the hospital, with no pain relief! I didn't think I could love that girl any more than I do but let me tell you she really amazed me, such strength and focus I have never seen before in my whole life. What a wonderful girl! Our SIL was such a great support through the whole event, encouraging, loving when he needed to be and also strong when it was required. I am so grateful to them both for letting me fulfill my dream. 
A few hours later and Papa brings in our precious Granddaughter, Soraya, to meet her new baby brother, Sami.  The look on that gorgeous little face was priceless, you have never seen a bigger smile! Her first words were "Is he real?" and then "Can we keep him". She is such a proud big sister and that little boy has had enough kisses to last him a life time! My husband and I feel so blessed to have these two little cherubs in our life, the future is bright!
                                                Cuddles with Mama......heaven
 
With all the excitement happening in our family I  have found some time to do a little Autumn decorating, this is my favourite time of year and I always look forward to doing so. For now I have just taken some photos of my Autumn fireplace, so cosy.
I think I might be adding a few more choice pieces as the week goes on, its such a large fireplace and can take it! Even Hermione and Howard the hares have been given some Autumn foliage! I love these little guys, they were presents from my brother and sister-in-law and I always keep them on the fireplace (the hares I mean!). I will probably add some Halloween bits and bobs when we are into October...
  I love this clock, again a present from Mo & Sharon, lucky me! Anyone who knows me knows that I love owls and at least one (mostly more!) features in every room in the cottage! The flower arrangement was bought two years ago from TKMaxx.
I recently bought these adorable blocks from Sparrow Primitives who sell gorgeous handmade accessories for every season and just about every occasion. I will definitely be visiting their online shop again!  I have so many decorations acquired over the years that I tend to only buy one or two new ones a year now but these really caught my eye.
I will be posting more piccies of my Autumn decorating in the next week, the Seasons go by so quickly and I really want to make the most of this wonderful time of the year. I have also been given some lovely gifts recently from my Family and will share those with you, don't know what I have done to deserve them!
 
Just had to add this photograph of Soraya, she has recently started Ballet lessons and though I am probably very biased, I think she is a natural!

TTFN  ANNEMARIE XXXX

yaya  – (1 October 2012 at 04:26)  

Congrats on that handsome sweetie! You're right, your daughter does not look like she just delivered a baby....she's lovely. Big sister seems very proud and happy. She's adorable in her pink tutu and sweet little slippers! Fall is my favorite season and tomorrow I'll start to decorate for Halloween. It's a fun time of year!

The Charm of Home  – (1 October 2012 at 16:19)  

What a sweetie! Congrats on your new little boy!
sherry

Melinda  – (10 October 2012 at 02:46)  

Congratulations to you and your family!
How excitng for all.
Great decor--so pretty.

The little ballerina is adorable.

M :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages  – (15 November 2012 at 16:49)  

Awwww..she is just a little doll! My Granddaughter just gave birth a few months ago to a little boy too. My daughters first Grandchild and my 6th Great Grandchild. Isn't it wonderful? You can see I am MUCH older than you are! :) You have so much happiness ahead of you. Enjoy every single moment. Time fly's by so fast.
Hugs,
Mona

Post a Comment