Wednesday 30 November 2011

READY TO SNUGGLE !

On a recent shopping trip to Grantham, a market town about 10 miles from me(also the birthplace of the 'Iron Lady' Margaret Thatcher!!), I couldn't help but feel that the countryside really was winding down ready for the big snuggle. Although our weather has been  mild, especially compared to this time last year, all around are signs of nature battening down the hatches and preparing for the long Winter ahead. I love these cool, sunny days we get now and then and always kick myself when I don't have my camera with me. This was one of those days when I was prepared and would like to share a little of the South Lincolnshire countryside with you.

 

I always have to stop and take a look at this fishing pond especially when all the ducklings and goslings are there!


Georgian farmhouse on the hill, very Wuthering Heights..ish.

Adorable little chapel in the middle of nowhere!

The long and winding road!

What train spotter wouldn't love to live here? 

A family of deer appeared just to make my day. Thanks dear!!


On the way home, the sun was setting and the countryside was beautiful. I also stayed out too long shopping as usual!
This is just a little taste of our wonderful Lincolnshire. Such a diverse County with the Fens, the Wolds and the Coast but all of them beautiful in their own way.

On a different note today I am meeting my hubby at lunchtime today to choose our Christmas tree, so exciting!  Then down to the serious (but fun) business of decorating! Hope you are all enjoying the start of the most wonderful Season of the year! Have fun!! xx

p.s. Our little cherub chops has chickenpox and won't be able to be an angel in her Nursery Nativity play, so sad. She is being such a brave little girl and Grams and Papa love her very much. xx

Carly  – (30 November 2011 at 10:26)  

Wow love those pics! I love the one of the deer, so lucky you had your camera :-) xxx

jill  – (30 November 2011 at 17:36)  

Hi,what beautiful photos love the sun setting ones.Love Jill xx

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages  – (1 December 2011 at 23:28)  

What delightful pictures! The deer crossing the roadway...the open country..all so lovely.
Beautifu, beautiful, beautiful...
I think you live in heaven! :):)
Love,
Mona

Anonymous –   – (13 December 2011 at 03:41)  

Greetings From Southern California

Great shots! :-)

Have a Merry Christmas & Happy 2012

~Ron @ *TOGB

**********************

Post a Comment